I love food. I love to make it and I love to eat it (but mostly make it). Every Friday I intend to post a new recipe for you to try. I won't post it unless I have tried to make it because I want to know it is good.
White Chicken Chili is something my sweet husband requested by name. I had never heard of it, tasted it, nothin'. That meant that I got to call his wonderful aunt Shannon to get the recipe.
You've probably never met Shannon, so let me describe her... She has spiky hair, loves riding motorcycle, she is so stinkin' funny, goes to every Raymond Rockets baseball game (Tyler's team), her family is her everything, and she is planning a wedding! Her daughter Beth got engaged just recently so Shannon is on top of it!
I have to tell ya, she is one awesome lady.
Here is what she gave me for White Chicken Chili:
- 4 cans of Northern Beans
- 2 tbsp Chicken Soup Base
- 8oz Brick of Pepper Jack Cheese (MUST be Crystal Farms cheese or it will not melt all the way...)
- 12oz Sour Cream
Now, I think her recipe was for stove top, but I was busy. So to the Crockpot I went!
- Drain all of the beans and place in Crockpot
- Fill with water about 1" above beans
- Add chicken soup base and turn the Crockpot on high until the base dissolves
- After the soup base is dissolved, cube the cheese (about 1/2" cubes) and toss in (now) hot water
- Once cheese is melted, add sour cream
Turn the Crockpot to low for about 4 hours and serve!
I think I failed Shannon when I made this because it really turns into more of a soup than a chili. But with some saltines, it is DE-LISH!