I love food. I love to make it and I love to eat it (but mostly make it). Every Friday I intend to post a new recipe for you to try. I won't post it unless I have tried to make it because I want to know it is good.
Believe it or not, I had NEVER made these cookies before. BUT I have loved them almost all my life. So I went to Allrecipes.com and found one. Yep, I was doing this.
They turned out fantastic so I HAD to share! Here is what you need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I would have pictures of the final product, but as they finished, they were eaten! You'll have to try it yourself and take pictures to make up for my lack of.