Well, I am getting less and less enthusiastic about cooking these days. Maybe it's because I am developing an aversion to things I used to love... or maybe it's because my belly runs into the counter when I try to do anything, but THIS... this was an easy as pie prize.
And as a bonus, Tyler LOVED it!!
For this recipe, you will use measuring cups, grater, one bowl, and one 9x13 pan. See??? Hardly any cleanup! Perfect for when a newborn is present, no?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips (mine are about 1"x1"
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bags of Simply Potatoes shredded potatoes in your refrigerated section or 5c. potatoes grated with a box grater in your own home. I used option B.
- 1 cup Ranch, Light Ranch, or Blue Cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c.bread crumbs.
Spray 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
In medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and buffalo sauce.
Put into baking dish in a single layer.
Grate potatoes (or remove potatoes from bag). In the same bowl as above, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese and soup. Spread over chicken.
Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the top.
Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center when you cut into the thickest chunk.