Thanks for visiting, all you new and pre-existing readers!!
For those who are new, you should know that every Friday, as a celebration of the weekend, I post a recipe I think you'll love. Other recipes I have posted in the past can be found here. Let me know what you think!
Now today is one of my favorite recipes to share. It. Is. Bomb. (Yes, I brought "bomb" back.)
I love LOVE potatoes/carbs/obviously healthy foods. I kid.
But seriously, easy apps when you have company? There's nothing better. Also, as a disclaimer, this is just a GUIDELINE! Feel free to add things and remove things as you see fit.
The recipe for the dipping sauce helps a LOT. It is amazing. You can spice up as you wish, or just use plain ol' ranch!!
- 2 large russet potatoes scrubbed and sliced. I used my mandolin so the pieces were all the same.
- 1.5 Cups shredded colby jack cheese
- salt & pepper
- 4 Tablespoons crumbled bacon (you can use slices OR the Oscar Meyer Bacon Pieces (which I used)).
- chopped parsley
Place sliced potatoes in a kettle of cold water and bring to a boil, covered for 5 minutes.
Carefully (so they don't fall apart) drain, and transfer slices to a paper towel on the counter top. Pat to dry.
On a greased baking sheet, lay out potato slices so they are overlapping on it. Spray lightly with additional cooking spray, then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese & bacon. Bake 12-14 minutes in preheated oven until cheese is melted & bubbly.
Serve with ranch.
- 3 Tablespoons ranch dressing
- 9 Tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 3/8 teaspoons cayenne (adjust more or less depending on how spicy you want).
- salt to taste
- 3/8 teaspoons garlic powder